things I thought about today that have to do with India
1) I am wearing (on my toes) some nail polish I bought at a grocery/drug store in Mumbai with Debbie one very fun afternoon (when we went to the bunk-bed computer lab and had lattes at Barista), which is clear with orange glitter in it, and I love it a lot, even though my shoes cover my toes.
2) Trivial Matters told me about the Welfare of Stray Dogs organization that helps take care of stray dogs in Mumbai, which is the perfect organization for me. Here are two of my favorite dogs in India
in a tuktuk in Ahmedabad
and on a park bench in Mumbai. I took this photo because my dog sleeps like that too, although he is lucky enough to get to do so on a sofa.
3) I keep hearing about Lage Raho Munnabhai and it made me remember meeting Arshad Warsi in the hotel in Kolkata and what a strange and funny experience that was.
4) And then I realized that it's been four weeks since I got back, and it doesn't feel like that long, because in some ways I feel like I was there yesterday and India is still very close by and a very big part of my existence, and in other ways it feels very far away indeed and that makes me really sad, because I loved being there.
5) And THEN, just as I started to log in to write this, the NPR archive I have on started up a story on the whole pesticides-in-colas mess.