Send via SMS

Saturday, August 05, 2006

wish I'd thought of that

Thanks to Kamla for this funny blow-by-blow of the O'Hare-Delhi flight. If I had done it, though, I'd have to post a picture of Robert sleeping with his mouth open, and I don't know how many people want to see that.

On topic, sorta, my flight to Delhi was great and passed by in a snap. The flight home was heinous, so bad that I was annoyed with myself for being as annoyed as I was. And that way madness lies, for sure, with hours and hours of shifting around in my seat, too hot, too cold, too horizontal, too vertical, where's my pillow, why does the person in the next row have the shade open when we're over the land of the midnight sun, why does the tv monitor say Shaadi Se Pehle and 36 China Town are playing when really the movies showing are Shikhar and Fight Club (I know! totally inauspicious!), why does my tummy seem to respond poorly to this bag of potato chips when it is clearly not possible that Saif would advertise something bad for me, how are there possibly still 7 hours to go. I had a bad attitude and I apologize to the whole plane for putting that out in the universe.

Now that I've had 12 hours of sleep in my own bed, I feel pretty good. Could really use a shower, even though my towels are not nearly as big and soft as the ones I left in the Taj in Delhi - JC Penney's fluffiest are still so v not Taj. The group members who took the bus to the airport Thursday night have decided to use "Taj" as a verb and adjective - "Did you see that buffet? Totally Taj!" or "Yeah, I traded in my miles to upgrade to business class - why not Taj it?" Actually it wasn't decided if we should capitalize "Taj" but for now let's do, since it adds to the air of swank.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth:

Nothing stops you from writing a post on the long haul back home. You can write about the flight from India to O'Hare. DLH TO ORD would make for an interesting read.

Just a thought.

Kamla

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger babasko said...

welcome home :-) glad you´re back safe and sound.

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally going to verb "Taj."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home