Send via SMS

Sunday, June 25, 2006

freakout, phase...whatever number, I forget

The suitcase is zipped. Zipped. And it is heavy, although within the weight limit for American Airlines (the weight limit on the airlines we're flying within India is a matter of much speculation, but my stuff is well under what the Fulbright people told us, so...well, so I'll just make do if I have to throw out some stuff as we fly from Delhi to Ahmedabad.) And now I'm not sure what to do other than amuse myself until tomorrow morning when I go to Chicago for orientation. There's a BBQ tonight - thanks, lovely friends who are throwing a BBQ! - but it's thunderstorming.

[twiddles thumbs]

Why is it that yesterday morning, having a weekend to myself ahead of me felt so luxiours, when now it just feels like something to get through on my way to something else? Hmmm. I really ought to cherish this - I have a computer and am online, it's cool out, and there is nothing I need or ought to be doing. Or at least I don't think there is. Maybe that's the problem - given that I am going to be gone for five weeks, surely there is something I should be doing, but if there is, I don't know what it is, and that makes me anxious, as though I'm forgetting something key or am missing out on a fabulous last-minute experience.

Oh, I know, I'll find a nice voyage-related image from Bollywood.

That should do.

Bye! Please write!

3 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, i dont think akshaye will like it to see that picture in this blog :D

(of course i will show it to him - you know, he likes me than more than you ;) )

wish you the best, a good time full of yummi food and impressions, hope you'll take a lot of shots with some camera sharing with us after your return?

i'll take care of the internet until you return ;)
bye
michael

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

hey beth..

big coincidence that i stumbled across ur blog today, as u r all set to leave for India.

WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

:)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger babasko said...

And? how is orientation coming? did you do your bollywood presentation yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home