Send via SMS

Thursday, April 06, 2006

cures what ails ya

I have a serious case of the doldrums and no amount of email from friends is helping, so I had to take matters into my own hands. I've never been a big practitioner of or believer in retail therapy, but in this case it's highly purpose-driven, and that purpose is noble, so I feel okay about it. I have just bought The Rough Guide to India,

William Dalrymple's City of Djinns,

and Vikram Seth's A Suitable Boy.


I've just realized that if I could somehow construct a world so that every view I had, whether at my desk or out my window or anywhere else, evoked the feelings I have when I look at that Rought Guide cover, I'd be very happy indeed. Bright swirling colors will always move me.

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm partway through A Suitable Boy. I really enjoy it.

- Rachel in NS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home