Send via SMS

Saturday, April 01, 2006

90 days and counting

Approximately, anyway - too excited to be precise.

My head is spinning with things to read, things to pack, things to buy before I go (e.g. new digital camera), finding the lightest possible cotton clothing - plus my usual travel worry of how many pairs of shoes to take. I am not a shoe horse by any means, but I am always afraid that I won't have the right pair of shoes or that something really awful will happen to whatever my current favorite pair is and I'll be stuck.

Tonight I'll officially get going on my reading. I am partway through Jonah Blank's Arrow of the Blue-Skinned God, an amazing book that I started in the fall but put down in the midst of distractions.

This is the kind of book you want to read with internet access handy because there are so many fascinating details to investigate further. Like the Imambara in Lucknow, a palace with a maze on the top - how cool is that! Also in my queue are a concicse history of India, I forget by whom, and three books on Bollywood that have been sitting on my shelf for six months (dang distractions).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home