Send via SMS

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

pyaar, pyaar, pyaar, aur pyaar

I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to fall head over heels for India. I will be soft-hearted and eager and fall blindly past some stumbling blocks, and I will love facets of it I never expected, and I will be grabbed and shaken by things I never expected, and I will be challenged and maybe devastated in ways I never expected, and I will be frightened out of my wits, and then I will rebuild and be all the better for it. Like the person I never expected to love.

I am so ready for this - not "ready" as in "prepared," but "ready" as in "it's time I do something scary and complicated and messy and challenging that will bust holes in my brain and make be a better person, able to share and embrace more, once I have time to catch my breath." I need it.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Keith said...

A friend who went back to visit her family in Rajasthan after having never been to India described her trip mor eor less thusly: in a single block in any Indian city, you get the entire spectrum of the human condition. From horrifying misery to ebulent happiness, joyous opulence to abject squalor, comforting safety and nerve-wracking danger.

She said it was deliriously exhausting, depressing, uplifting, and in the end, thoroughly captivating, though you may not realize at first how its getting into your blood.

So, basically, kind of like Disco Dancer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home